One morning last week I was talking to an English woman on the train, we got in conversation as we both tried to get into a crowded train. It was over crowded because the previous train had been cancelled. For the homeward bound trip, she gave me a tip about changing platforms and getting a different train to the next main station if I missed my connecting train. Doing it this way guaranteed a seat on each train and meant I didn't have to stand on the platform for 20 minutes waiting for the next train. That night I missed my connecting train so I took her tip, I then ran into her again as she had also missed it and I thanked her for the tip.
Last night I saw her again and we got chatting. We mentioned our kids and I asked what school her son went to. It was the same school as Claire. I then mentioned she was involved in the school drama program. She said her son is going to be in the school play. I said I would tell Claire as she is also in the play.
I then asked her sons name and the penny dropped. I named my street and asked if she lived in that street. She looked a bit puzzled and said she did. I told her I lived in the town house in front of her. The kids have recently made friends and Claire had told me a little bit about him.
We are neighbours!