There is a particular way to eat Chocolate Royals.
You have to crack the chocolate on top, preferably by smashing it against your forehead, then you eat the little cracked pieces one at a time. Next you suck off the marshmallow in one piece, then you nibble around the edges of the biscuit that remains, lastly you pop the remainder in your mouth and finish the biscuit.
This method of eating Chocolate Royals is particularly impressive when meeting people for the first time or at morning/afternoon tea time during business conferences. I taught Claire this necessary life skill when she was very small.
When Mark and I first met, he often turned up with treats of an evening, Tim Tams, blocks of Snack chocolate and other biscuits. One evening he turned up with Chocolate Royals.
He offered four year old Claire and myself a Chocolate Royal, and without a word being spoken, in complete synchronicity, Claire and I executed our Chocolate Royal eating ritual.