Friday, July 3, 2009

Rose Tattoo @ Ferntree Gully Hotel


The following is posted from another site. Recently I used Facebook to find, in a stalker kind of way, a group of friends from the 1970's. We used to meet up at Iceland in Ringwood on Sunday night seeing live bands like Rose Tattoo, Hush, AC/DC, Kush, Skandal, Taste, Redhouse etc. .............

This pic is of two of my stalker finds - Don is on the right and Skeeta is on the left. Pic taken in 1977 at Iceland.


It was fantastic seeing everyone last night. I got there to find Don and his friend from Shepparton Mick playing the pokies, Mick was really happy as he had just won $2,000.

Then some more friends of Don's arrived, Shell and Steve. Steve printed off some photos for Don to give to Angry. Not long after that my phone rang and it was Deb, I turned around and we saw each other across the bar and she joined our little group that by this time was taking up the punters valuable pokie area.

A woman took a seat at a poker machine in the middle of us and Mick said she could sit on his knee. After playing for awhile she went to leave the machine and Don asked her where she was going. She said she felt like she was intruding and asked if it was a school reunion.

We told her how we found each other on Facebook and she said she hadn't had any luck finding any of her old school friends. We asked her what school she went to and she told us FTG Highschool. Don told her he went to FTG Tech. After asking his age, she mentioned a couple of names to see if they had any mutual friends.

The first person she mentioned, Don said "yea, I was in the car accident with him". The guy they were talking about was her ex husband, so she rang him and put Don on the phone to him. It was one of those Twilight Zone moments and I broke out in goosebumps.

Then my cousin-in-law Eileen and her friend Helen arrived so we moved through to the bistro.

While we were eating Skeeta and Darryl arrived and then Stef joined us for a drink. We still hadn't seen Dave and Deb was a bit concerned and rang him and organised where to meet him.

I can't even find a word to describe the energy/excitement present at the dinner table.

About 10 pm we headed to the front of the venue to see the band. It was like herding cats. I lost my friends and couldn't get in as they had my ticket, they hadn't finished their wine and they got distracted by a domestic argument in the pokie area.

Deb went in with the non smokers to find Dave. After circling the building I eventually found my ticket and then we were all inside, halfway down the venue, propping up the bar.

We caught the tail end of the previous band and then when the Tatt's started, the vibe in the room was electric, as the bass invaded our heart cavity and solar plexus.

Our band moles ran straight to the mosh pit. Someone said to me "I bet Don is at the front with the biggest stiffy".

I was sober and can't even remember the first song that they played. But I do remember clearly, every one of us Sharpie dancing at some stage during Bad Boy For Love. Dave remembered most of the Sharpie moves for those that had forgotten.

Dave was the star of our show, he spent the entire night playing air guitar, bouncing and sharpie dancing. He was licked, kissed, nipple rubbed, humped, groped (actually I think the dominatrix concerned lifted him up by the balls from behind). He had so much female attention that he was pleading to be saved and we had great delight in laughing in his face as another woman came and dirty danced with him.

A lot of people stopped to dance or shimmy with him on their way past. Even the door bitch bouncer ogled him and called him Michael Jackson.

The band seemed to finish too quickly and we all hung around the bar, reluctant to leave. Eventually Dave's door bitch asked us to leave. So once again, like herding cats, we all eventually ended up in Don's room.

Now I know the rules "What happens in FTG stays in FTG", but just to give you hint of the fun, Dave decided he had been bad and that he wanted to be spanked. He presented himself doggy style on the bed and I was happy to oblige, demonstrating the correct cupped hand maneuver for a perfect spanking.

Don "picked up two sheilas" from another motel room and invited them in. One was drinking from a long neck bourbon bottle so there were a couple of jokes about cracking woodies etc. I told them that Dave had been bad and he wanted to be spanked. I think they thought we were a bunch of swingers and they ran off.

Eventually our real lives called us and we headed home on the deserted, rainswept roads.

PS Will add comments and stories to the photos.