Wednesday, April 24, 2013

First class to Chiltern

It is Anzac Day (i cant even think of Anzac day without tearing up) and I am taking a four day weekend to visit my friend Caz in Chiltern in country Victoria. At the moment I am in a comfortable vline train in a first class compartment. Makes me feel superior saying first class. I have a seat tray table like an aero plane and the seat configuration is set out so that no one is invading my personal space. Pity I clicked the wrong button when I bought my ticket and I am in economy class on the way home.

It is always an adventure visiting Caz, she is one of the naughtiest people I know, truly, she just doesn't give a fuck and says and does what she wants. It is like being with a comedian. I am sure there are times when I could describe myself that way too, but I have to pull my head in at work, the corporate world doesn't like independent thinkers, Caz is an excellent barmaid/manager and does as she pleases, plus she can be a little scary so it is funny watching her behind the bar sorting out the punters. Like the time when some local young men made a mess and she threw a cloth at them saying 'I am not cleaning up your mess ya pigs' and they meekly said 'sorry Caz'


It is the first time I have caught the train there during the day, and I am happy. I love having almost four uninterrupted hours to daydream out the window and can't wait to see Caz's smiling face or famous sneer when I arrive.