Every day in winter, the canteen at work delivers home made soup to my desk.
The man that brings the trolley around is
Indian and his name is Govinda. As he walks up the stairs to put fresh
milk in our fridge and my soup on my desk, the little bell that he
carries tinkles (you can see it in his right hand below) and I hear it so I start shouting out "Yay it's Govinda,
Govinda is here everybody". The men I work with get cross because my
lunch is hand delivered and they have to walk downstairs and choose
theirs from the trolley. They say it's discrimination. I tell them its
because no one likes them.
I needed breakfast one morning and I rang the chef to see what was on the menu, but he said I can make you whatever you like. I said I would like a surprise for breakfast and he said he would get Govinda to deliver it. When Govinda arrived I made my usual fuss over him and my special delivery, he even wrapped it up for me. His 'bon bon' contained a ham, pineapple and egg muffin.
