Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2 Count Small Luxuries

From the book 'Everyday Happy 365 ways to a better you'. My project for 2013 

Today I am to appreciate the small comforts.

That is an easy one. Firstly I was happy to angrily flap away a naughty poodle puppy that sleeps in my bed, that wanted to bite my hands, lick my face and pull my hair at 5 am. 

Although I had going to work rage, I enjoyed putting my pedicured feet into my bejeweled sandals and packing a container of home made Croatian pastries to share with my work frienemies, to try to trick them into liking me and I was grateful for getting into a car that was almost a gift to me, that starts immediately, runs well, and has frosty air conditioning.

At work I got to sit in an airconditioned office and snack on the best blue vein cheese I have ever had the satisfaction of eating and other holiday left overs bought in by the frienemies.

When I got home to a centrally cooled house, my poodles were delighted to see me, and Mark although a bit surly/tired/coming down with a cold, cooked an interesting pasta for tea with ham, egg and red pepper sauce while I pottered around, putting away my fabric scraps and completed projects