From the book 'Everyday Happy 365 ways to a better you'. My project for 2013
Day 4 Go for a mini break
Day 5 Make that call
Day 6 Forgive someone
Day 7 Think first
I got a bit behind as the weekend was busy with an engagement party, a baby shower and the night out at Dracula's.
Day 4 Go for a mini break is easy - I am always having mini breaks, either at the caravan or at home when I am left with no adult supervision. Sometimes I even manage to have them at work, when Cheryl and I have a fish'n'chip picnic at the park during our lunch break.
Day 5 Make that call - I had been using FB to stay in touch with people, but already this year I have made quite a few overdue phone calls. I like to ring people sometimes and say, 'I don't want anything, just rang to hear your voice'.
Day 6 Forgive someone - Hmmm, not sure about this one. I quite enjoy my revenge fantasies, which are probably a healthy way to 'forgive' someone, rather than becoming bitter and twisted. This one is a bit too deep - especially when it can sometimes take people years of therapy to get to a point where they can even consider forgiveness. Still, it is a starting point and may be helpful for someone about to start out on a journey towards forgiveness.
Day 7 Think first - Nope. Boring. If I thought first,and bit my tongue, there would be no stories to blog about. I think I have some adult form of Oppositional Defiance Disorder.
