It has taken me almost a week to recover from Christmas. I may have been a little less of the Grinch this year, but I still found it very stressful.
Well, the highlight of my working career was last week. Even better than keys on the filing cabinet and letter head paper at PSA! I have been doing work in our export shipping department, sending containers of plastic tubing (big reels of plastic on metal cores) to Gaoming in China. I received an email from a our Gaoming office saying "Chinese customs very angry, they want to punish us with cash and you must apologise". Apparently the 40ft shipping container weighed less than stated on the paperwork.
It caused a huge international incident and I was asked to write a letter of apology to the head person at Chinese customs. I replied that I wasn't senior enough, as my version of the letter would have been something along the lines of Velly solly, skippy the kangaroo bloke our weighing machine. (complete with stick figures of scales and kangaroo). Eventually we sent a nice grovelling letter and now we just have to get two more containers through customs that have the same problem (which now may or may not be fixed).
We had our Christmas party a couple of weeks ago, it was a dress up - Hero's and Villians. I went as a witch, complete with straw broom and ruby slippers.
I had fun and ran around all night catching up with people (there were over 800 people). Mark was working so I took a friend Maxine, she is a single mum and a bit of a battler and she had a good time too, even though I ran off on her all night and left her like a shag on a rock, you couldn't wipe the smile of her face.