Saturday, February 9, 2008

Newsletter 4

Mailing list : Even though I got an email earlier this week from a reader (who has a very important high-profile job, in a lovely high rise office on St Kilda Rd overlooking Albert Park Lake) saying "When's the next newsletter due, as I'm hanging out for the next riveting episode", some of you might find my ramblings a bit much, so please let me know if you want to be removed from the mailing list.

On Sunday we went to Croydon to visit Dad and my stepmother Bev, then went with them to the Coldstream Animal Shelter open day. Bev and dad work as volunteers in the animal shelter op-shop in South Croydon. They love it.

My Dad shows budgies, doves and caged birds each year at the Royal Melbourne Show. Most years he wins first prize and gets these lovely red white and blue rosettes as prizes. My mum has been showing Italian Greyhounds at the show for years and has not won a rosette. So of course dad rings me every year and says (in a heavy Aussie drawl) "tell ya mother I won the show,again, and I got another one of those rosettes she wants"

On Saturday dad put some birds in at the Alexander show, (nearMarysville). He came second, and he was not very impressed. We have a proud genetic line of spoilt brats in my family.

Psycho of the week - An odd thing that happened the other day. I get paid monthly, and I am rich for the first week and broke for the next three, no amount of stern talking to from my financialy sensible or accountant friends helps this situation.

I needed some cash cos I'd spent all mine on important things like a new Revlon Coloursay lipstick in a shade called Fig.

I was in a vile mood, for no other reason than I had to get up and go out into the big bad world. It could have also had something to do with being trapped at our caravan for four days straight with Mark and Claire.

I went to the Commonwealth bank in West Footscray to draw money out of the account that Claire's father pays maintenance into. The account is not held at that branch and they had to ring Pascoe Vale branch. They gave me a big lecture about signatures and stuff, and I just nodded like an autistic person.

Anyway, I am standing back while they are sorting it all out (for a pissy $35, cos Anthony musn't have paid his maintenance for a couple of months, which is only $20 per month) this guy, about my age, slim with overalls on (looked a bit like Mr Pink out of Reservoir Dogs) walks past on his way out of the bank, barely making eye contact and says to me "hows the cock sucking going?" Quick as a flash, I just snarled at him in a real psycho voice "fuggoff" and that was it, he didn't even look back.

I so angry with the world I wanted to follow him out of the bank and run him over, but I had to wait for my $35. No idea who he was, I must have reminded him of someone who has a far more interesting life than mine.

Work - forgot to lock the filing cabinets once this week, but I got in first and sent them an email when I got home titled "I forgot to lock the filing cabinets - Sorry".

Things have improved a little bit, they have given me the production planning and daily scheduling to do. They had been waiting for me to 'learn the business'. I pointed out yesterday that the 6 months I have already been here learning the business was more than generous, and other places usually throw you in at the deep end, and that is the way I prefer to learn. We shall see what happens.

This weeks profile :
Name : Rhonda W friends for around 20 years and she also wears Revlon Fig colourstay lipstick!Marital Status : Married to Grant - who only just tolerates me
Met : Rhonda was my mums hairdresser in 1981. She came from Jerilderie in country NSW to Melbourne to do a hairdressing academy course.
Occupation : Not sure, something to do with insurance.
Children : Haylea, a stunning 16 year old blond who is into boys, makeup, expensive clothes etc and 12 year old Darcy who is a real boy, into motor bikes etc. They keep her busy
Interests : Caravan at Lake Eppalock (thats how we got our van there)
Loves : Getting into trouble, gossip, spending money and watching Grant do the housework
Claim to fame: Has scared about five families out of the caravan park. When we were thinking of selling our van, I told the caravan park owner (read caravan park nazi) that Rhonda and I had had a fight and she was being mean to me. I think he almost fell for it. Rhonda is very excited about being profiled and I hope she is not disappointed.

Do I have any volunteers to be profiled next week? Or shall I randomly pick the next victim.