Found this in my emails this morning - i havent received your news letter yet? whats going on? Anita and i have been checking hourly and still nothing! you better not forget me Mac!
Yes I am a bit late this week, Thursday I went to a Christmas party at the River Room at the Casino with Tranzlink a seafreight company. I had a great time and won a fantastic hamper as a door prize.
Yesterday we picked up the last of our jewelery following the robbery. I now have a beautiful fob necklace and Mark has a new signet ring, it is so big and heavy, I have never seen a ring like it. Last night we went back to the jewelers and then to visit Marks mum, on Sunday it is one year since marks dad passed away. The family are attending a service on Sunday, but Mark is not going cos he is playing golf. There is one more jewelery item to come, but I will detail that next week.
Red & Green tissue paper - following signing off my newsletter last week, when I put the ant covered garbage in the bin, I found some red tissue paper that had been used to wrap one of Claire's birthday presents (thank you Aunty (Peggy) Sue.
I got it out of the bin, uncrumpled it, shook off the ants (they were in both bins), smoothed it out, trimmed the edges and wrapped the present. I then covered it with lovely curly green ribbon (new). Beautiful. I can think of a couple of readers who will be absolutely disgusted and that makes it more funny.
Tonight I have the Dow Xmas party, also at the River Room at the Casino. It is a Moulin Rouge theme. I am going to wear my long red velvet dress ($10 Footscray op shop) that I wore when watching Rose Porteous, my ruby red sequined shoes that Martin and Blair made for me. Marks mum has lent me her black opera cape and it will be all topped off with an ostrich plume in my hair. Can you picture it, I will look fabulous. I am going to glide down the stairs in the foyer at the casino with the papparazzi at my feet snaping photos.
I am sure it will be the old "go out looking like Joan Collins, come home looking like Lassie" scenario.
Following a comment from the reader who is going to kill me if I do a profile - I am going to try really hard to enjoy Christmas this year. We shall see how I go
My younger brother Paul (31, Lives in Mooroolbark, panel beater, long hair, drives fast, drinks and smokes) is in a newish relationship with a great girl who has moved down from Sydney. Anyway, Marilyn thought she couldn't have any more children, she has an 11 year old girl called Teagan, so of course, you know what has happenend. She has fallen pregnant. When Paul told my step mother (his natural mother) she shouted in true Mac style "you bloody idiot". What she meant to say was "that is fantastic news, when is the baby due".
The baby is due in 20 weeks and we are all very excited. Marilyn had a scan on Wednesday and was going to find out the sex, baby kept its legs shut in spite of prodding and manipulating. She is going back for another scan next week, as they still need to check the kidneys and lower organs.
Better go now, Mark has cooked me breakfast.
Blair is in Egypt, so I will profile him on his return
This weeks profile :
Name : Suzanne G (Nee Menhennet)
Met : 1998 Sue's husband worked at Ansett with Mark
Marital status : Married to a good looking guy called Colin
Children : Jackson 4 and Kathryn 10
Pets : A new little dog
Current position : Switchboard operator for a big solicitors in town.
Little known fact : Is a qualified manicurist & nail technician.
Claim to fame : Went to the Ansett Xmas fancy dress as Xena warrier princess and she looked better than Lucy Lawless.
Loves : Life and her children. Western Bulldogs
Hates : Mortgages (dont we all)
Quote : As long as there is air in my lungs