Saturday, February 9, 2008

NO. 20 NEW CLASSIFIEDS SECTION

A busy week work wise, it is pretty full on driving along the ring road to work. I have had my second speeding fine in 6 weeks. I try to keep to the limit, but they have this variable speed limit section from the Western Highway through to Pascoe Vale road.

I think there is a sadistic Vic Roads bastard pushing buttons, changing the speed then snapping speed camera pictures to get me. One minute it is 60, the next it is 100, then its back to 70, and the traffic drives at 110. I bet this sadistic bastard is laughing going Ah ha ha ha haaaaaaa! Oh well, I will see how it goes, if I am going to put all my energy and limited stress levels into the drive to and from work, I will have nothing left for work and play. Still I can catch the train.

Wedding Aftermath – Found a huge caramel pudding stain down the front of my dress, oh well did it again, “went out looking like Joan Collins, came home looking like Lassie”.

David's songs – they were Hound Dog, Johnny B Good and Blue Suede shoes when I was at the wedding, and he sang a few more numbers later but complained the band wasn’t up to it as they couldn’t do Suspicious Minds, he can do both Elvis and Fine Young Cannibals versions! The wedding newsletter was the first that David and Kristy have received and he only wanted to read the bits about him. (Who does that sound like?)

Bev my step mother said to me the next day “Gee your mum was knocking them back last night” I told mum (in a snipy gossipy voice, muuum guess what bev said about yoooouuu) and she really got the shits, turns out she was drinking water from a champagne flute. We are going to have a lot of fun with that little snippet. Especially with mums 60th Birthday coming up.

David and Kristy have gone to Vanuatu for their honeymoon. I think they will still have wedding presents top open on their return as David is only letting Kristy open two at a time so she has something to look forward to. We went out for Turkish Tea with them on Tuesday night.

I should probably start attaching photos to some of these newsletters – will see what I can do.

High school - I rang up the Secondary College to ask about enrolment for The Kid next year. That is the school she wants to go to, I will let her pick her own. Her best friend Sylvie goes to Mt St Josephs, even though she isn’t catholic but The Kid doesn’t want to go to an all girl school. Probably something to do with not having boy/girl relationships to gossip about.

Applications close at the end of June and I dont have to worry about anything until May 14th. Most children with that school as their preference are accepted. The Kide will have to catch a bus, but she has been practicing catching the bus to the shopping centre with her girlfriends and going shopping some Sundays.

Last weeks profile - Well, I didn’t get a lecture from my cousin Renee, but she says “GOD is still after you and I will keep praying for you. Think of all the fun we could have in Heaven for ETERNITY!” Imagine that, I can write newsletters to you all for eternity.

I have bought The Kid a Euro bunk, the one with the double bed down the bottom and the single bunk up top. She is having a friend sleep over tonight, they are in there now watching CSI. What kind of nerds are they! They should be watching girly stuff or American Pie to get their sex education. Actually at the moment they are chanting in unison “it's just like, totally out there!”

I am off to Dromana this weekend then to the caravan the weekend after.

This weeks profile
Name : Julie D
Met: At work around 10 years ago
Status : Married to Ian and has three gorgeous grown daughters and some grandchildren
Lives: At Chateau Christopher in Sunnybank Queensland, also has a holiday shack at Rainbow beach near Frazer Island
Pets: Had a cat called Molly, not sure if it is still alive
Little known fact: has drank mini bars dry and trashed rooms at the Grand Hotel in Glenelg and Chiefly Old Melbourne
Claim to fame: Saw the Beatles at Melbourne airport
Likes: Elvis, champagne, her family,
Dislikes: Bryan Ferry - had to struggle to find something she doesn't like cos she is so easy going
Quote: Get it up, get it in, get it out, don't mess my hair up (sung to the tune of Bonanza)

Next Weeks profile : Julie J

New Newsletter section - Classifieds Ads

Services (Melbourne region)

Congratulations – To Blair on his new job at Doreen Nursery, no more evil Knox City!

Congratulations – To Martin on his even more high profile promotion in Linfox

Countdown to new McBaby – Marilyn and Paul – Two and a bit weeks

And for my friends who have been feeling down lately, you know who you are – “This too shall pass”

Happy 40th Birthday – Eleanor
Happy 40th Birthday – Jacquie L
Happy 30th Birthday – Glenn (Fox FM)

Now, if I have forgotten anyone in this NEW little classified section, send me a gentle email and I will include you next week!