Saturday, February 9, 2008

Newsletter 3 Nov 2002

I absolutely love all the attention I am getting from my newsletters.

Latest comments are below and are the last I will bore you with :

P.S. If you do a profile on me I'll kill you! (I wont tell you who sent it to me, but eventually you will work it out as it will be the only person not profiled!)

So u have no life. michael friend of marks (past and present)

Keep the newsletters coming. I always seem to have a smile on my face when I read them. Leanne T (we worked together as a team for a couple of years and she is scarier than I am)

Bravo!!!! clap clap clap Bravo!!!!! more more !!!!!clap clap clap clap Suzanne G

Love getting your newsy newsletters as they are guaranteed to make me smile!!!! My new job at work is really shitty so it is nice to get something to make me smile. Danielle S (From my short stressful time at Orica customer service, Danielle is very sweet and I don't think she ever quite recovered from sitting next to me. I used to be gleefully vulgar to shock her)

do you wanna know something...your a gun!! I am kinda starting to wish I was you......GOD HELP ME!!! Rhonda W (My old hairdresser - will feature her next week) I saw Rhonda on the weekend and she had the shits because I did not profile her first.

I just had to reply because I felt left out not being mentioned in your previous newsletters. At least this way I should get a mention!! Well one can only hope!!! Martin S

If little episodes in my miserable life can bring a smile to someones day, it makes me happy.

Robery - Hopefully the jeweler has started making our replacement jewelery.

Art work - one of my latest art projects has been melting polystyrene granules (like what cd cases are made out of, not the stuff in bean bags) with my collection of weather worn glass fragments that I have been picking up around Lake Eppalock for the past 5 years. My glass collection is the subject of mockery and ridicule (ie. what are you collecting that shit for?) but of course that makes my little collection all the more valuable to me and I am all the more determined to keep it up. The polystyrene, melted with the glass makes pretty light catchers for me to hang from the annex roof. Of course then Mark hits his head on them and then the entertainment starts.

Another project I have just finished at the caravan is a yacht mosiac made out of fragments of crockery also found around the lake. I have been gluing them to a fuse box that intrudes on my caravan area.

Below is a little letter I sent to Maribyrnong council Wednesday

Hello Jenny

I read with interest the plans for re-developing the Seddon Croquet Club.

The club was founded by my great grandmother Barbara Beyer last century.
She was so passionate about the game and the club, after she was cremated, she had her ashes scattered on the croquet lawns.

Due to her work in the community (Tweedle Baby Hospital), a small reserve next to Seddon Station was named after her and her mural is on the side of one of the buildings in Footscray with other Footscray Pioneers.

During 1988 my now deceased great aunt Ess Brown, (on a big trip to Melbourne from Berwick) drove past the reserve next to Seddon Station and being a big snob, she was insulted that it had turned into a dusty paddock. She nagged/badgered the Mayor of Footscray until he named the croquet lawn in Barbara's honour. He officiated over the ceremony and a sign was erected. My mother and I attended with Aunt Ess.

Last time we went to the club it was thriving with a new group of people from Footscray/Yarraville. They had re sown the lawns, obtained a liquor licence and the club was left in their capable hands. It is hard to believe it has fallen apart and the site is being re-developed.

I am writing to ask that when the proposals for re-development are being reviewed, if consideration would be given to retaining Barbara's name in some form on the site.

If you need any other information my contact details are below
Thanks and regards, Julie

A couple of years back a few of us joined the Seddon Croquet club as the membership numbers were falling and the council was going to close it.

There were only one or two members left that could remember my great grandmother. A group of younger ladies took over the management of the club and started to attract new members, it was difficult for the older ones to cope with at first, but it was that or close completely.

After awhile an 'alternative' group (read ferals) started to frequent the club, they did a lot of great work to start off with, we slowly dropped off as they only liked people with barefeet and dreadlocks.

The older ladies probably moved to the Brunswick or Williamstown clubs and the group of younger ladies now had families to look after and could not devote as much time to the club. The ferals were just looking for a hang out, they did play croquet, but eventually the druggies amongst them stole everything of worth and the club folded before we had a chance to find out and move back in.

I was extra sad, as it would have been a fantastic place to hold my 40th birthday party. I am looking at having it at Brunswick Croquet club.

Croquet is not as boring as it sounds, it is a devious, diabolical mind game where you walk around sipping champagne, psyching out your opponents. My kind of game

I got an answer from Maribyrnong council the next day. They are most likely razing the site and landscaping it to become part of the Yarraville Gardens. It will probably be called Barbara Beyer Reserve.

Anyway this is enough for this week. will be shorter next week cos there will be no rave reviews.

This weeks Profile
Name : Michelle R
Status : Married to Phil since 1995
Children : Bridget 3 and Sarah 5
Current positon : Mother & small cleaning/book keeping business operator
Used to work : Tyre factory as an Engineering Secretary
Known since : 1986
Met at : Through Leah HubberClaim to fame :
Has an alter ego called Mildred who comes out to play after one and a half bottles of champagne. We love Mildred.
Loves : Flanelette, Domestos and cleaning the house