Saturday, February 9, 2008

NO. 42 ACHIEVEMENTS

Today I got a call from an old friend who lives in Tassie. I haven't spoken to her for awhile, but it is another one of those friendships, which I love, where it doesn't matter how long its been, but you just pick up the phone and start up where you left off. There is none of this "why haven't you rung" from either party.

My dad gave me a little book of poems recently, it was given to my grandmother Marjorie Attwood by Grandma Price in 1933. Its called "The Way of Friendship". Below is one of the poems.

Time keeps no measure when true friends are parted.
No record day by day :
The sands move not for those who, loyal-hearted,
Friendship's firm laws obey.

We spoke for around about an hour and a half, (Claire was timing it, although she does not know the caller) and during that time I was filled in on what the family had been up to.

It inspired me to add a new section to this site called Friends' Feats. I wanted to call it Accomplishments of Friends, (but MSN doesn't give me that much room for titles)

Many of my friends and their children are doing all kinds of things and I love to hear about them and I plan to add some of them to this new section.

If I manage to infringe any copyrights or breach any privacy acts, just send me a gentle email and I will remove it.