Claire enjoyed New Zealand. It was funny though, most of the phone calls and emails were about the food! Although she did learn to ski (she says she is not very good at it). I always had this fantasy that I would be able to go skiing with my family each year and put Claire in ski school but it didn't happen, so I guess learning to ski in NZ is good enough.
One day she went to the Christchurch Botanical Gardens, I said what were the gardens like? She answered that they had great hot chocolate. There was no point me saying anything, especially after my comment in Newletter No. 24 about if I wanted to see the Brisbane Botanical Gardens, I would have looked them up on the internet!
She is off to school camp next week at Sovereign Hill. I think she is looking foward to it as she is nagging me about reading the notes. I don't do school notes very well. Too much information and too many things to think about, it makes my brain hurt.
Talking about food. I have been on Weight Watchers for about 7 weeks now and have lost 5 kilos. I am going to take it very slowly, I can afford to seeing I don't have to pay for the meetings ($16) as I work there each Thursday evening as the weigher.
I love it. The ladies come in and I get to gossip to them about their week, one lovely Irish girl comes in every week and laughs when she gets on the scales cos she has been eating chips all week, she is losing slowly also. Best not to make the ladies laugh when they get on the scales though cos it makes them move up and down and we cant get an accurate reading and weight loss is very serious business.
One of the gadgets they have given me is a bonus buddy, its a pedometer. The recommended target is 10,000 steps a day. My average is less than 2,000 so I know I need to get moving. Will be better when the weather warms up and the days are longer so I don't have to walk in the dark.
One of my friends from the spook group is called Peter. He is around 30, has recently split up with his wife and he is living in West Altona. We were having coffee in Altona at one of the outdoor cafes the other weekend (after we had been walking around Williamstown Cemetary) and next thing, he gets a call from his ex-wife and then another one from her best friend saying "you were seen having coffee with a woman in Altona, who is she". I was so excited! Obviously she knows I am young, blonde and beautiful and is feeling threatened!